July 14, 2015

The Last Ten Books That Have Come Into My Possession

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.

This week I'm taking a look at the last ten books that have recently come into my possession and noting where they came from and why.


Devoted by Jennifer Mathieu
Acquired from: Library

Foiled by Jane Yolen & Mike Cavallaro
Acquired from: Library
Reason: Pure curiosity! I fenced competitively in high school, but as far as high school sports go, fencing is definitely one of the least represented. So it was pretty cool to find this graphic novel. (If you know of other books that feature fencing, let me know!)

The Grace of Kings by Ken Liu
Acquired from: Library
Reason: This is one of my summer TBR picks.

The Royal We by Heather Cocks & Jessica Morgan
Acquired from: Library
Reason: This is one of my summer TBR picks. (Unfortunately, I already returned this one, so it's not pictured.)

The Storied Life of A.J. Fikry by Gabrielle Zevin
Acquired from: Library
Reason: This is one of my summer TBR picks.

The Last Unicorn by Peter S. Beagle
Acquired from: Barnes & Noble
Reason: I had a 15% off coupon and hadn't purchased anything from my local B&N in a while, so I felt like supporting it. Plus, I had read and loved this book years ago and had been looking for a copy to call my own. This edition is gorgeous.

Black Beauty by Anna Sewell
Acquired from: My younger sister
Reason: I recently decided to start building some classics collections, and I love how affordable and adorable these Puffin Classics editions of children's literature are. My sister just had this book sitting around in her bedroom and so kindly allowed me to take it.
Acquired from: Library
Reason: I've recently become a big fan of Emily's blog, Cupcakes and Cashmere. She discusses everything from fashion, beauty, home decor, and more, and I've been gravitating towards those sorts of blogs in the past few months. Needless to say, I was very eager to get my hands on a copy of her new book.

Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand
Acquired from: Library
Reason: Every since I gave my dad a copy of this a few years ago (which he loved, and subsequently pushed on others), I've had to listen to so many family members and friends rave about it. The audiobook was currently in at my library, so I decided to give it a try. (Not pictured because it's in my car.)

My Grandmother Asked Me to Tell You She's Sorry by Fredrik Backman (trans. by Henning Koch)
Acquired from: Library
Reason: This is one of my summer TBR picks.

What books have you recently acquired?

author image

Amanda

Amanda loves few things better than sitting down with a cup of tea and a book. She frequently stays up far too late, telling herself she just needs to finish one more page. When she's not wrapped up in the stories of others, Amanda works as a children's librarian in a public library.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I strive to make my blog the very best it can possibly be and I appreciate each and every comment on here.